The goal of this project was to use modern communication technologies to open a dialogue to plan for and reduce drought-related vulnerabilities, and avert disasters. Interdisciplinary participants hailed from Alaska, US Southwest, and Pacific Islands. The dialogue goals were to:
- Establish a cross-regional network of Native leaders and resource managers.
- Share impacts and strategies for response among regions.
- Document impacts and strategies in a report for participants and federal agencies.
- Create a written document for federal and state agencies that outlines important insights and things to consider when working with Native people and Native Tribes on climate change and water related issues.
See also: Drought Impact Reporter website
Start Date: 2008
- National Integrated Drought Information System
Peer-Reviewed Publications: None
ACCAP Reports: None