Looking for a particular event? Use the magnifying glass at the top of this page to search.
- This event has passed.
VAWS: JPSS and GOES Satellite Training and Data Resources for NOAA and non-NOAA Users
January 29, 2020 @ 11:00 am to 12:00 pm AKST
Speaker: Jorel Torres Colorado State University (CSU)
With the influx of new polar-orbiting and geostationary satellites orbiting the globe, a plethora of satellite datasets are available for users to analyze and employ in the operational forecasting environment. But where can users find satellite training resources to learn about polar-orbiting and geostationary product applications? This presentation will explore a comprehensive list of where NOAA and non-NOAA users alike can find JPSS and GOES satellite training resources on-line, via satellite teletraining along with conference workshops. Product applications will also be highlighted, along with links of where non-NOAA users can access satellite datasets and imagery.
Links shared during presentation
- Satellite Foundational Course – GOES
- Satellite Foundational Course – JPSS
- GOES Quick Guides
- JPSS Quick Guides
- GOES Quick Briefs
- JPSS Quick Briefs
- COMET: GOES/JPSS Case Exercises
- FDTD GOES Application Webinars
- GOES-R Series Multilingual Training Resources
- EUMETSAT resources
- Satellite Blogs
- GOES/JPSS Workshops
- Teletraining Available for NWS Users (Calendar)
- Where can users find access to real-time JPSS/GOES imagery
- JPSS Advocacy Channels (YouTube)
- Data Access: NOAA CLASS
- Additional Links for Users