Our Past Events list includes all events July 2019 to present,
plus some of our older, more popular events.
Please contact us if you seek an event that is not listed.
- This event has passed.
VAWS: JPSS and GOES Satellite Training and Data Resources for NOAA and non-NOAA Users
Speaker: Jorel Torres Colorado State University (CSU)
With the influx of new polar-orbiting and geostationary satellites orbiting the globe, a plethora of satellite datasets are available for users to analyze and employ in the operational forecasting environment. But where can users find satellite training resources to learn about polar-orbiting and geostationary product applications? This presentation will explore a comprehensive list of where NOAA and non-NOAA users alike can find JPSS and GOES satellite training resources on-line, via satellite teletraining along with conference workshops. Product applications will also be highlighted, along with links of where non-NOAA users can access satellite datasets and imagery.
Links shared during presentation:
- Satellite Foundational Course - GOES
- Satellite Foundational Course - JPSS
- GOES Quick Guides
- JPSS Quick Guides
- GOES Quick Briefs
- JPSS Quick Briefs
- COMET: GOES/JPSS Case Exercises
- FDTD GOES Application Webinars
- GOES-R Series Multilingual Training Resources
- EUMETSAT resources
- Satellite Blogs
- GOES/JPSS Workshops
- Teletraining Available for NWS Users (Calendar)
- Where can users find access to real-time JPSS/GOES imagery
- JPSS Advocacy Channels (YouTube)
- Data Access: NOAA CLASS
- Additional Links for Users